diy celtic sea salt face scrub
i've been making diy face masks, hair masks and scrubs since i was in my teens. my mum taught me how to make them and a load of special little tips and tricks. if you've seen how this womans skin looks you'd take her advice too.
this is one of favourite face scrubs at the moment. i use it up to 3 times a week or just whenever my face is feeling bit dull and in need of some tlc.. it always leaves my face feeling SO fresh and invigorated. if you suffer from super dry skin you can always substitute celtic sea salt with organic raw sugar.
INGREDIENTS (1 batch)
- 1 tbs of celtic sea salt
- 1 tbs of organic raw honey
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 drops lavender oil
- 2 drops tea tree oil
combine all ingredients together in a bowl to create a paste like consistency. cleanse your face as per usual then gently use the scrub on face, neck and chest rubbing in a circular motion. i do this in the shower and let it all sit for a couple of minutes before washing it all off.
- celtic sea salt acts as the exfoliant as well as being super rich in minerals and helps to detoxify the skin
- honey is extremely moisturising, antibacterial and full of antioxidants
- lemon juice acts as a natural exfoliant, is high in vitamin c which can help with hyperpigmentation and can help in diminishing blackheads
- cinnamon is known to plump skin, treat eczema, acne, reduce signs of aging and is also an antiseptic
- lavender and tea tree oil are both antiseptic and can help with blemishes and dark spots and also smell wonderful
all photos by me