my brother's wedding
on the 17th of september, my amazing brother goura married the woman of his dreams, rachel. it was such an exciting day for them and our families! this was the first wedding of my (5) siblings and turned out to be the most perfect/magical day ever. even my uncle and his wife from florida and my grandma from france flew all the way out to be a part of it. i felt like such a proud sister looking up at all 4 of my handsome brothers dressed in their suits. the love, effort and support they all gave each other, not just on the day but through the entire process warmed my heart.
goura and rachel are an inspiration to me. they are the definition of love and a team. they both worked so hard together towards this day and it made me so happy to see them both loving every moment of it. from putting together seating charts, choosing tie colours and dance lessons with my mum to making their vows in front of all of their friends and family, they stuck together and it makes me sure theres no challenge the future can throw at them that they can't handle.
rachel was an actual vision. she looked beyond beautiful, her dress, hair, everything. i'm so happy for them and excited for the future. their babies are going to be ridiculously cute!!!
SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS <3
- the way goura and rachel looked at each other all night, especially during their dance
- ian's (rachels dad) speech and learning of the epic stussy hat rachel used to wear at all times in school
- crying lots during speeches/in general
- the chacuterie platter with house-made duck pate
- govinda dancing to hotline bling with one of his shoes in his hand as a telephone
- having a boogie on the dance floor with montana and mala (my grandma)
- the pumpkin and maple cake from tome
- anders asking me, ella and lex to take canapes even though we weren't hungry so he could eat extra (animal)
- taking over the photo booth and watching the steady decline in our ability to look sober or attractive haha